Friday, May 8, 2009

The View

I have had a rather strange day. On any other day the fact that someone uses God's name in vain bothers me but i try to shrug it off. I kind of feel that if they choose to be that way then so be it but they know my stand because I make it known and they are free to do and act as they choose. Today I heard a woman at work use God's name in vain and it hurt. i have never felt that before. i was truly bothered by the fact that she was okay with saying His name in that way. Once I got home I began to search the internet as usual, check email, baseball and basketball and twitter. When I got onto twitter I saw a message from Rainn Willson, he plays Dwight on The Office. his message said "Thought for the weekend:What is God?" and there was a link. I clicked the link thinking it was a picture of a blog of some sort but it was a video. As you watch the video there are people asked "What is God?" and they begin to give their explanation of God. I was very bothered by the responses to the question. Every person on the video said that they didn't believe that there was a God or that God was basically a fantasy. The response that made my stomach turn was by an older looking gentleman that said that everything that exists is God. He said that he was god and that the houses were god and the rocks were god everything that exists is god.
This response made me think. How are we telling people who God is? there were a few people that said that God is a hope that people try to have, while another lady said that she had a hard time answering that question because she wasn't sure because she thought that God had a "very sick sense of humor." Another guy said that God didn't exists that the we needed to get that through our heads. Okay so when did it become okay to disrespect God? I know that for centuries people have disrespected God but why are we as believers standing back allowing them to be miss led? Satan must be laughing, he knows that he has corrupted the view of God so bad that the world is rebelling to the point where it will be very difficult to tell them who God really is. I think that we need to step up. I want to try to gather a group of believers together to study up on different views of God. We will work at being a resource for believers who are having a hard time talking with their friends. I think that we could have a website that would be geared toward people who don't think there is a God. The site will be set up so that they wont feel bombarded with Christianeze, the lingo that we as believers know that a non-believer wouldn't fully understand. I think it would be cool to go out as a group and speak to youth groups and college groups and give them resources to be able to talk with their friends and family. We need to step up as a body and change the name of God, make His name Holy again. The challenge: join in with me, let me know that you are in and lets begin to change the world by changing views. God is big and people need to see that and know that he is alive and working today.

Let's Do This!

1 comment: