Sunday, May 3, 2009

The Death Penalty

I was listening to a song by Demon Hunter called the Gauntlet. If you haven't heard it go check it out its a great song. As i was listening I began to think about dying for Christ. There are many countries that don't allow people to serve God and if they are found serving God then they are executed. Here in America we are spoiled. We are allowed to worship God as we please, but have you ever thought about what you would do if you were not able to serve?
There are many different stories out there about people who died in the name of Christ but would you be able to? As times get worse I begin to think about what the book of Revelation talks about. What the antichrist will look like, how he will deceive millions of people so that Satan can try to suck as many people down as possible. I believe that it talks about people being persecuted for their faith in Christ. I began to put myself in those shoes, would i be able to stand up to a resistance against Christ and tell them that they were wrong. Life throws many things in our path, obstacles that try to get the best of us. During the raise of the antichrist the obstacles will be bigger, and not only bigger but harder to get through. Right now life seems hard; can't find a job, the job i have is terrible, my family gets sick, money disappears life is difficult. Now if these things are getting the best of us how are we going to stand when there is a gun to our heads, when we are not allowed to eat due to our faith, can we take it?
Think about your life, how cushy it is, all the things you have. Are you preparing for the end? Are your priorities on you rather then Christ? I'm not going to tell you how I think I will handle the persecution but I want you to think about it. Visualize a gun and a man asking if you are a Christ follower, will you say yes or will you back down? How big is your God and how big is your relationship with Him?

No comments:

Post a Comment